How do the events work?
- Residents register for recycling event.
- During the registration process, residents choose an appointment time to bring in their waste.
- ECS&R sets up a collection site to accept the waste materials from residents.
- As residents arrive, ECS&R unloads waste from cars. Residents are required to stay in their vehicles while ECS&R personnel off-load the waste.
- For recycling events that require a fee to be paid, ECS&R accepts check or credit card.
- The waste is initially segregated and sent to different areas of the collection site for repackaging.
- Once the waste is repackaged, the material is loaded and transported to ECS&R’s recycling facility for final processing.
ECS&R ensures your waste and old electronics are recycled and reused wherever possible and do not end up in a landfill. Otherwise, materials are properly and lawfully disposed.
These recycling events are a great way for municipalities and corporations to help the overall community and environment. Consider ECS&R for your next public relations event. Looking to host or sponsor an event? Contact Us Now!
What’s the cost to residents?
Rates vary by municipality and material type and are published in the respective municipality registration form.
What’s accepted at the recycling events?
- Computer Monitors & Towers/Laptops
- Any electronics with a circuit board or cord
- Stereos/CD & Tape Players
- Fax Machines
- Phones and accessories
- Air Conditioning Units
- Light Bulbs
- Household Cleaning Products
- Pool Chemicals
- Wood/Metal Cleaners & Polish
- Gasoline/Kerosene/Diesel Fuels
- Propane Tanks/Compressed Gas Cylinders
- Driveway Sealer
- Paint Strippers
- Waste Oils/Motor Oils
- Fuel Additives
- Transmission/Brake/Starter Fluid
- Car Wax and Polishes
- Indoor Pesticides
- Flea Repellents/Shampoo
- Bug Spray
- Mouse/Rat Poisons
- Fuel Additives
What’s NOT accepted at the recycling events?
- Tires (except for Erie County Events)
- Fire Extinguishers
- Smoke Detectors
- Compressed Gas
- Radioactive Materials
- Elemental Mercury
- Medical Waste
- Large Appliances